Peppers Stuffed with Quinoa & Respect® Turkey Burgers
Keeping our Respect®Turkey Burgers stocked in your freezer is a great way to be creative for weeknight dinners! Stuff and bake for an easy delicious meal!!
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Respect® Turkey Burgers
- 1 Small Onion (Minced)
- 1 Clove of Garlic (Minced)
- 10 ounces Frozen Chopped Spinach (Thawed and Squeezed Dry)
- 1 cup Quinoa (Cooked and Cooled)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 14 ounces Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Red or Yellow Bell Peppers (Core Removed - Whole or Sliced in Half)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil and once hot add in burgers. Cook each side for about 3-4 minutes; remove from pan and set on a plate to cool.
In the same pan add onion and garlic. Let cook for about 2-3 minutes then remove from heat.
Cut burger into quarters and place in your food processor. Pulse until it is ground very small. Place in a bowl.
Add onions and garlic to the bowl along with spinach and quinoa. Mix ingredients together.
whisk egg in a small bowl then add to the mixture. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Add in diced tomatoes. Combine together well.
Brush a little olive oil into the bottom of your baking dish. Fill peppers with mixture and place in baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over the stuffed peppers.
Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy!